Using Switchboard, MightHive enjoys increased programmatic ROI, accelerated R&D cycles, and lower fraud rates powered by better, faster data.
400K saved in in-house data engineering
85% reduction in fraudulent activity
225x increase in reporting capacity
1 day to stand up turnkey solution
As a media buying powerhouse, MightyHive processes data related to billions of transactions per day across multiple systems. While their programmatic campaign management expertise fueled company growth, the volume of data (including massive impression-level GAM data transfer logs) meant MightyHive was losing up to two day’s worth of engineering resources per report.
“Normalizing this data was mind-numbing, error-prone work that was sapping the energy of my team, when what they are passionate about is experimenting with data to drive programmatic ad performance”
– VP Engineering, MightHive
What Switchboard does
MightyHive selected Switchboard to provide data operations that would manage their programmatic advertising platform in one day. Today, the COO, engineering leaders, front-line analysts, and account and product managers all rely on Switchboard to create ad hoc BigQuery reports that leverage Switchboard's deep integration with Tableau. Pulled together continuously from massive ad servers, bid manager and programmatic exchange logs, the combined dataset reveals insights such as spend and bid patterns across multiple suppliers, transaction volumes compared across multiple audience segments, and time from initial impression to customer conversion.
By using Switchboard to power MightyHive's proprietary programmatic advertising platform, the company has achieved three key business results:
1. Improved Ad Performance: Switchboard delivers “force-multiplier” capability in terms of data aggregation and normalization. This empowers MightyHive to provide clients with granular data that optimizes ad spend in powerful new ways, such as improving bid/ask spread across programmatic campaigns, and increasing the accuracy of audience measurement.
2. Accelerated R&D: Switchboard enables rapid testing, which means MightyHive has gone from producing one report per day to 15 reports for 15 different clients per day - an increase of nearly 225x in reporting capacity.
3. Dramatic Fraud Reduction: Data from Switchboard combined with MightyHive's analytical expertise and sophisticated heuristics has enabled an 85% reduction in fraudulent activity.
“It would have cost an estimated $400K+ and at least six months if we built this ourselves; not to mention maintenance and ownerships costs”
– Chris Martin, COO & Co-founder, MightyHive
Switchboard’s ready-made data unification platform turns disparate data into a single source of reliable, trustworthy information. Business stakeholders at Orangetheory Fitness, Spotify, FT, Pearson and others get a strategic data asset for customer insights and revenue operations, while their technical teams retain control without the burden of day-to-day operations.